Thursday, July 24, 2014

Kids at University!

The activities I have been able to be involved in at Uganda Christian University have been so varied!  Much of my work has been with the faculty members, particularly in training workshops for the lecturers.  But a few weeks ago I had opportunity to observe in the Kids’ Care Centre, the preschool on site for the young children of the staff members. 


 The dean of the school of theology has played a big role in starting and supporting this centre. When she found out I had worked in the past with younger children and had helped to train early childhood teachers here in Uganda, she urged me to visit the centre and see how I might be able to help the teachers.  It was really refreshing to take some time out of working with adults and spend time observing and interacting with the young ones. 
 Hopefully I will be able to carve out some time in the next couple of months to do a bit of training with these preschool teachers to improve some of their skills so that the children they work with will have a strong foundation and will develop a true love of learning.  These young ones are the next generation of university students and future leaders of Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment